The most fascinating aspect, and in my opinion the most useful, is the ability to look at old video clips of historic moments in our nation's history. When I was in school we had the words on paper -- but now teachers can simply project a YouTube clip and students can hear the famous 17 minute speech that Dr. Martin Luther King Junior delivered that changed the course of our nation.
I will post the speech in its entirety here, because with today's current civil rights movement towards equality for all, and equal marriage, his words continue to resonate and ring true. How timely his words will be for any civil rights movement, because he reaches to the core of our country's backbone, and shows us the injustice in a way that transcends specific moments. We will see the day arrive when men (and women) are once again created equal, in the meantime we need to continue down the path of dignity and respect for each other, and avoid using the same tactics that are feeding the injustice.
Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech:
I realize that most visitors to the site are not looking for their daily dose of history, but a quick fix of entertainment, laughter, perhaps research on a school project.
Today I was emailed this clip which made my day:
Then there's the "Evolution of Dance" which I'm sure you've all seen, it still makes me chuckle:
Of Course there's the amazing plethora of clips from the Huntington Theatre Company -- of course I will share a video on Poetry Out Loud , the national recitation contest that my department facilitates and runs for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts,
And then there's Ukele Boy. Two clips for him because he's a GENIUS on the ukele, and because I do the same EXACT thing when I don't know the words to a song.
I'm Yours:
While My Guitar Gently Weeps:
I've decided that every once in a while...when I think of it...I am going to post some video clips, new or old (to me) that make me happy. This is mainly because I don't like searching and searching through the millions upon millions of possible videos...although I must say it's cool that you can find just about anything.
I leave you with these gems:
Hamlet (Kevin Kline)
Henry V Prologue (Derek Jacoby)
Moses Supposes (Gene & Donald)
No comments:
Post a Comment